GSNetworks quality system uses a process approach to management based on the simple principle that all product and customer related activities are definable processes. Through the effective management and control of each of these processes our Quality Management System ensures repeatability and output conformity. It is this reliability and consistency of products and services that enables us to maintain a loyal customer base and attract new clients.
This is a basic model of the quality inspection processes performed on every production order:
- Our QA process begins with the customer purchase order request. First we review the technical information to ensure there is a clear and mutual understanding of the order requirements. We advise the customer of any identified issues and recommend solutions or work with them to find one. The order is released when all issues are resolved.
- Required parts are then purchased from approved suppliers in accordance to the requirements identified in the customer BOM (Bill of materials). Incoming material inspection is performed on all received material before acceptance to ensure it meets specification.
- A kitted order is released to manufacturing, with controlled assembly documentation, and issued to an appropriately trained technician.
- The technician reviews the assembly steps and equipment requirements with the QC Department if necessary. A first article is produced for QC inspection and test, any identified issues are addressed immediately. The order balance is completed when first article approval is received. Sub-assembly approvals may be required for complex multi-process builds.
- Every cable produced by GSNetworks must pass all test procedures and visual inspection before it is released to our shipping department.
- Our QA process is complete once the order is received by the customer and product conformity is validated.
Our Quality Control Department is responsible for the release of all customer products. 100% of the assemblies we produce are tested and visually inspected by a trained QC technician before leaving our facility. Tests are performed, whenever practical, using our Horizon 1500 Cable Testers. These are programmable automated units which allow up to 256-point testing. They can provide reports, and have the following capabilities:
- Component Detection
- High Voltage Breakdown (Hi-Pot up to 1500 VDC and/or 1067 VAC)
- Insulation Resistance
- Flex test to detect intermittent failures
- Twisted pair verification
- And some components such as resistors, capacitors, diodes, relays, LEDs and switches
A GSNetworks Competitive Advantage
Not all our customer’s require the same level of quality related process documentation and records, so GSNetworks offers different options depending on their internal quality system and associated regulatory and certification requirements. This allows us to remove unnecessary process and cost to a customer order when it is not required.
Industry Standards and certifications
AS9100D/ISO9001:2015 – Quality Management System Certification
- IPC-A-620 Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies
- IPC-JSD-001 Requirements for Soldered Electronic Assemblies
- Mil-Spec – Military Specifications
- ROHS – Restriction of Hazardous Substances
- UL – Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (Recognized Cable & Harness Manufacturer)
- CGP/ITAR – Controlled Goods Program with ITAR endorsement
GSNetworks has always strove to maintain compliance to AS9100. We are currently certified to AS9100 Rev D and have had years of experience applying the AS9100 Quality Management principals to the aerospace industry as well as all others that we serve.